Thursday, November 17, 2011


Im reading this right now, its a collection of poems by Sam Pink. Here's an excerpt called Four Apologies:

"This is an apology to my roommate. You're right, I should've asked you if you wanted an "arctic adventure". And I should've explained that an "arctic adventure" is when I dump a bunch of snow on you while you're sleeping. But we need to resolve this. Because someone needs to cook dinner for you and then not hear the words "thank you" even though they're so easy to say.

This is an apology to Superman: Superman, I am sorry for shitting on a likeness of you when I was in kindergarten. I didn't know I had the flu. If I had known, I would've worn my striped underwear. But we have to move on. You mean too much to me.

This is an apology to my bathroom floormat. I am sorry. I didn't known that I'd become too destroyed to want to leave my apartment and wash you. If it's okay with you, I think I will fold you twice but like kind of sloppy and then put you behind the toilet and forget about you.

This is an apology to that cat I saw smashed in the road. I couldn't remember how to do cpr to a cat. Plus I didn't want to have to dodge cars."

No comments:

Post a Comment