Friday, April 3, 2015



Some friends and I went to a Misfits show in Little Rock, AR, in 2010 or maybe 2011. To this day it remains one of the most fun shows I have ever been to because I finally got to see the moshing that all the kids are always hip-hopping about. After the show, Jerry Only was signing things for fans. There was some woman in front of us who had an Elvira look to her (which made me think of a spider for some reason) and she was saying something dumb, so naturally I repeat what she said in a loud exaggerated voice to my friends. The woman turns around to me and drops, "Yeah, well, I'm in a horror band so fuck you." Well that stopped me in my tracks. What a ridiculous thing to say, she obfuscated the hell out of me. It was so weird that it has stuck with me all this time.

The really strange thing about all of this is that there is a woman out there who basically has this same memory, only slightly different. The woman remembers trying to talk to Jerry Only or to someone about something and some snot-nosed brat makes fun of her, so she turns around, informs the kid of her band placement, kid stops talking, she turns around, she's won.

Except she didn't win, she said something just totally fucking crazy. If she would have just said, "fuck you," I would have fired back with something snappy. What the hell is a horror band anyway? Is it horror because of lyrical content, or stage decorations, or do they sample horror movies in songs, what? I bet she isn't even in that band anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment