Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May 5th was Free Comic Day, if you were unaware, so I headed to the local comic book store in Jonesboro, AR, called Galaxy Comics and got my comic on. Here's what I bought.


Bought this one sort of based on the cover and surely Wolverine fighting the XMEN would be a good book, right? Well, this apparently was a part of a series where some sort of demon had possessed Wolverine and was trying to take over his body. The majority of the story shows Wolverine in his own head fighting this goopy looking demon, I mean goopy in a good way of course. The rest of the XMEN sort of corral Wolverine away from civilians until some womernz XMEN go inside his head and help the real Wolverine out for about five minutes. It was okay, but I expected for ACTUAL fighting between Wolverine and the XMEN.


This is the other book I bought, and oh man is this one a winner. I have always liked the idea of Deadpool, but I had never actually taken the time to read any. I saw this and figured this would be a great place to start. It has New Mutants #98 where Deadpool sort of gets his ass kicked, Deadpool's Circle Chase and Sins of the Past runs which were so well written and illustrated. These had that gritty, excessive ink, busy panels, look of comics which I love. The last thing included in this collection is Deadpool #1 which was entirely too clean for my taste, clearly done with photoshop. It was written alright, but I don't know if I wanna check out the rest of the first actual series of Deadpool. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment