Friday, April 13, 2012


I watched the movie, then I decided to read the book. It's sort of just about a bunch of cynical college students talking about fucking and doing drugs, so if youre into that, you will like it. I liked it, but it wasnt anything too extraordinary. There was a chapter narrated by Patrick Batemen from American Psycho. Patrick's brother, Sean, is one of the main characters in Rules of Attraction. I did like how it was written, each chapter was narrated by a different character. The story centered around Sean, Lauren, and and Paul, but various other characters would show up as well. It was funny and well written. For instance, Sean and Lauren would be at a party, doing drugs, and Sean would be laying down the mack on ol' Lauren saying stuff like "My words caused her to smile shyly and she was at a loss for words," but then the next chapter would be Lauren saying "I hate Sean, he disgusted me so much that I couldnt bare to talk to him." It was entertaining. I watched the movie, read the book, and now I will have to watch the movie again so I can nitpick the differences between the two like an elitist fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment