Friday, April 13, 2012


Oh my god, I just discovered TED talks, thanks to Netflix. I havent thoroughly researched TED talks, but it is essentially a conference held annually with a specific theme where people come to talk about the topic, like comedy, crime, or the most interesting set of speeches Ive seen thus far, the man talks. The man talks are just about quintessential man things, like video games and rock climbing, swimming at the north pole, just MAN stuff. The speeches are funny, but enlightening. I love things that make me think about other things. Finding this was quite the breath of fresh air, I think sometimes that life starts seeming a little dreary until you remember that someone out there is doing something awesome. One guy had a talk about the shape of the universe and cited philosophers and astronomers, and I wont pretend to know what the hell he was talking about, but it's still cool nonetheless. Here are two things that I found in the man TED talks:

This man is Yves Rossy, a swiss man, also known as Jetman, who basically flies a jetpack! A DAMN JETPACK. He flies through the air using his body. Granted he has to drop out of plane to get the momentum to get doing or whatever but man once he gets going...damn.


Here's another guy, this is his actual speech from TED talks so this will give you an idea about how most of the speeches go. He demonstrates how to "hack" a wii controller. I was completely unaware that the wii controller had a infrared camera in it that could be used to make smart boards or 3D images using glasses, and stuff like that. I mean it doesnt change the fact that Wiis are super dumb anyway, but still. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment